Our next show Fall Wedding and Honeymoon Show October 20th, 2019
Our Shows –
what you’ll see & how to make the most of it
There’s cake to taste, flowers to smell and gowns to touch. There are also more professionals there than you could meet in two weeks on your own! Come armed with questions and open to ideas and suggestions.
Top Tips for attending a bridal show
1. Bring those you trust with you – your fiance/partner, parents, bridesmaids, for example. They can help you cover twice the ground and offer opinions about the choices of wedding merchants. (Note: About 47% of fiancés/partners attend, in spite of what yours may assume!)
2. Spend at least 3 hours – This is your chance! We know you’ve got lots of questions. After all, how many weddings have you planned? Come armed with questions and take time to look at the displays and take time to visit with the pros. Narrow down which ones you’d consider and would like to talk to more later. Even if you don’t do business with a particular wedding expert, you can still take ideas from what you see or learn.
3. Bring pre-printed address labels – Many vendors hold drawings for trips, prizes, and discounts: your labels save you from repeatedly writing your name and address.
4. Bring your checkbook – We’re not saying you’ll spend your budget at the Expo, but several wedding dates each year are very popular. You might want to lock in one at the show with a deposit or take advantage of a show special. Top photographers, caterers, florists, and DJs book up quickly. (Note: Check refund policies and read contracts carefully before giving any money.)
5. Bring your calendar – You will probably find pros with whom you would like to schedule a one-on-one consultation. Set the date and time then and there and avoid another phone call later.
6. Think about what you really want to accomplish – Know what you are looking for and have questions in mind. You will save time and you will see everything that’s important to you.
7. Wear comfortable shoes – You’ll want to concentrate on the ideas and the answers to your questions not finding a place to get off your feet.
8. Be grabby! Grab every coupon, special offer & free sample. You may not be focusing on invitations or lodging for out-of-town guests, but at some point you might and you’ll have 1/2 of the work done for yourself if you picked up a flyer.
9. Stay for the fashion shows – The biggest prizes are given away after each fashion show. If you can, stay until the end of the second fashion show, which starts at 4 p.m. That’s when all the prizes are given out – including the ones not claimed at the 2 p.m. show! Besides, giving yourself the time will save you a lot of time later – where else can you meet with so many pros in such a short time?
10. Have a game plan – We suggest you break your afternoon into 3 steps:
1. VISIT the booths. Get info. Try the samples & talk it up. Our wedding pros want to answer your questions!
2. DISCUSS your favorite exhibitors with your friends, family and/or fiancé/partner. Find a place, even off the main floor, to think about what you want to do. Sift through your material, then decide who you want to re-visit and talk details.
3. RETURN to those favorite booths and make an appointment if you need more info and want to sit down one-on-one. If you’re ready, several businesses offer discounts and specials only during the show, so lock in your date with them there.